Monday, March 2, 2015

Introduction to Blogging

My name is Andrew Sedam. I have been married for 9 years and have 3 children. I grew up in Eastgate, OH and still currently live there.  I am a senior at Northern Kentucky University where I am majoring in Elementary Education and Special Education. It is my hope to teach in the elementary setting. I am a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan and have been my whole life.  I enjoy doing home construction projects and woodworking.

At some point early on in school I lost the confidence in myself to be a good student.  I didn't get the positive encouragement from my teachers.  I want to change that for my students so that they can become the best possible student that they can.  Self-esteem is very important to children an if that is lost then a child can be lost.  I want to reassure all my students that they are smart and if your try your best then you are never a failure.

Blogging is a great way for students to connect with other people all over the world.  Students can read and respond to blogs from students of other cultures that they might not have access to without blogs.  You can also use blogging to keep parents updated with the different activities and upcoming events that their children have been working on in class.

Line Drawing of Man at Computer by Bumble_Ball - Line art of a man on a computer.  I removed the caption.  (I may be hopeless at actually doing art, but even I can remove captions!)
Photo "Line drawing of man at computer" by
Openclipart user Bumble_ball
Having students create their own blogs is a great way to have students increase their computer skills.  It is also a great way for students to become passionate about different causes that they might be interested in.  It can be hard for a child's voice to be heard, but  blogging can reach an unlimited number of people.

Roomrecess.com is a great resource for students and parents to gain additional help in math and language arts for kindergarten through fifth grade.  There are timed games that are designed to increase a students skills in the areas that are chosen,  The games are designed to make learning fun so that the students can have fun while studying.  With the use of Room recess students can be better prepared for the subject matter that the teacher is trying to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment